Wet stone polishing machines are used for polishing granite and other stone surfaces with wet diamond polishing pads. They have a water feed attachment that directs a steady stream of water onto the wet pads and stone surfaces. A wet polishing machine is a powerful piece of equipment that allows the user to get the job done efficiently and effectively. A high-quality wet polisher is durable and powerful and can produce a beautiful finish while evenly distributing the water and providing optimal torque control.
Benefits of buying handheld wet polishers
Wet polishing dates back to the 1900s and is the oldest form of surface preparation for concrete. Although opinions differ as to whether wet or dry polishing is better, there is no doubt that there are several benefits of buying handheld wet polishers. This type of handheld wet stone polisher offers several advantages:
- One of the main advantages of buying/owning a handheld wet polisher is the fact that wet polishing is the oldest method of polishing. With over a hundred years of knowledge and expert opinions, it is the obvious choice for those with extensive experience as well as beginners.
- By using a hand-held wet polisher, the surface is not abraded.
- The water used in wet polishers acts like a lubricant. It reduces friction and cools the diamond tools during the polishing process and helps in cleaning the abrasives.
- As in any other industry, companies and workers must comply with OSHA ( Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations. Using a handheld wet polisher means that work is completely dust-free and this process eliminates problems that could arise or be a cause for concern due to OSHA regulations, such as hazardous dust. However, companies and employees must still wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when using a handheld wet polisher in order to avoid harmful exposure.
- Using a handheld wet polisher can increase the longevity of the tools. Molten resin is eliminated because polishing is done at a lower temperature, which ultimately increases tool life.
- Dry polishing increases pitting on the floor while using a handheld wet polisher decreases pitting.
Handheld wet concrete polisher buying guide
There are a selection of wet concrete polishers on the market. However, if you are looking for durable, professional-quality tools that can withstand heavy use, there are three market leaders: Metabo, Flex, and Makita. These tools are superior to other generic brands and models.
Three superior products will be discussed in this handheld wet concrete polisher buying guide.
1. Flex LE 12-3 100 Variable Speed Wet Polisher and Grinder
This polisher tops the list for a number of reasons. Aside from the one-year warranty that accompanies this model, it has a variable speed and can hold up to 5" pads. The speed ranges from 1200 to 3700 RMP and the motor has a power rating of 9.3 amps. It is durable and easy to use, which is why this product is at the top of this list and made it onto this handheld wet concrete polisher buying guide.
2. Metabo PWE 11-100 Wet Polisher / Grinder
In second place is the Metabo PWE 11 - 100 wet polishing/grinding machine. The speed ranges from 1700 to 6100 RMP with a 9.6 amp motor and offers variable speed. It is best suited for ceramic and sculpture studios and it comes with a one-year warranty. This polisher can also hold up to 5" pads and has an adjustable handle. The Metabo PWE 11 - 100 model has a water switch on the back that can be operated with the flick of a finger.
3. Makita PW5001C 4” Wet Polisher / Grinder
In third place is the Makita PW5001C 4" wet polisher/sander. This is a high-quality piece of equipment that is very durable. It has a water feed on the bottom of the machine and a side grip front handle. The speed ranges from 2000 to 4000 RMP and it has a 7.9 amp motor. This model can accommodate up to 4" pads. Similar to the other models mentioned, the Makita PW5001C 4 comes with a one-year guarantee.
This handheld concrete polisher buying guide sets out to highlight three of the top-performing wet polishers currently on the market. While there are several models that could qualify as professional-grade quality, the aforementioned models come with the best online ratings and proven performance. These are very specialized tools that can perform polishing work quickly, effectively, and accurately while offering a dust-free method to grind/polish stone, concrete, ceramic, and other hard surfaces. Top-quality handheld wet polishers are durable, creating a beautiful finish.